Sports Marketing Chinese Content Creator
by Dragon Group Asia | February 21, 2017
Dragon Media Project Manager
Dragon Group Asia is a boutique media and event management agency working with international clients in China. Founded in 2010, Dragon’s mission is to inspire greatness, build a trusted network and create shareable experiences. Our clients include local community partners and multinational brands seeking to increase their profile and activate online and offline in China.
Dragon Events at a Glance
Dragon Media connects our clients with relevant exposure opportunities. Our priority is to maximize the impact of online and offline campaigns through traditional and social media channels to reach on target viewers on a local, regional, national and international scale. We apply the knowledge of China’s media landscape to identify the most appropriate mediums for building awareness of a client’s brand. Tasks include, but are not limited to strategic planning, campaign building, media buying, social media, content creation, copywriting, and ROI reporting.
We are looking for an outgoing, creative, energetic and internationally minded Sports Marketing Chinese Content Creator who has a track record of being a self-starter and problem solver. The candidate must be interested in gaining first-hand experience and contributing to rapidly growing public relations and communications brand in Shanghai, China. This is an opportunity for a go-getting looking to join a growing team, do exciting work and have fun, while learning and being a leader.
● Content Creation: Draft and implement content strategy across Chinese social media platforms for some of the leading international sports brands. Develop key campaigns to engage sports fans both on and offline.
● Media Relations Management: Establish and maintain local media contacts and inform partners of news surrounding our clients.
● Client Research: Work with client and account manager to understand the client’s business objectives, target audience and marketing objectives. Combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop appropriate strategies that fit within a client’s’ budget and reaches their target as effectively as possible.
● Pitch Preparation: Create and present clear proposals, types of media in most effective time spans and locations, cost schedules, and contract options for clients to choose from.
● Press Release Creation & Copywriting: Compile and edit engaging press releases that provide value to our media partners.
● Strategic Network Growth: Strikes up conversations at networking events and on weekends to generate new leads with target clients, bloggers, editors and key opinion leaders.
● Industry Trend Investigator: Keep your ear out on the ground and on social media for new trends, venue openings, competitors, apps, etc.
Preferred Key Competencies
● Detail oriented with ability to learn and maintain new knowledge management systems that are essential for start-up growth.
● Confident with a track record of leadership and logical decision making.
● Familiar with PPT, WeChat and Sina Weibo and an understanding of current Chinese social media trends.
● Native Chinese speaker with stellar written and spoken communication skills.
● Basic understanding of the media industry and interest in learning about the differences between Chinese and English Media in the Greater China region.
● Interest in sports (ie. American football, college basketball, ice hockey), marketing and developing a brand’s social media presence.
● Minimal 2 years work experience (preference given to candidates with professional writing/social media experience).
● Ability to submit original writing samples prior interview
Dates: Monday to Friday – 10 am to 6 pm (2 years above)
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and previous writing samples to email@example.com.