Event Project Manager
by Dragon Group Asia | February 8, 2017
Chief of Marketing and Dragon Events Department Director
Dragon Group Asia is a boutique media and event management agency working with international clients in China. Founded in 2010, Dragon’s mission is to inspire greatness, build a trusted network and create shareable experiences. Our clients include local community partners and multinational brands seeking to increase their profile and activate online and offline in China.
Dragon Events at a Glance
Dragon Events is an event management company that provides B2B and B2C services. We organize corporate events, tours, team building, and weekend activities for various organizations and individuals. Our customers include international companies, universities, business professionals, students and tourists of all ages.
We are seeking a proactive and motivated individual who has a track record of being a self-starter and problem solver. Candidate must be interested in gaining first-hand event management experience in Shanghai and Beijing, China.
● Support on developing, producing and delivering projects from the concept to implementation phases
● Communicate and adhere to the timelines and priorities stated on each project
● Maintain and grow client relationships
● Manage supplier relationships: A/V, equipment, furniture, etc.
● Organize operational and administrative details to ensure specific projects are delivered efficiently
● Provide leadership, motivation, direction, and support to your account teams
● Travel to on-site inspections and project management events
● Take responsibility for all project budgets from start to finish
● Ensure excellent customer service and quality delivery
● Support Pitch Preparation: Create and present clear proposals, types of media in most effective time spans and locations, cost schedules, and contract options for clients to choose from.
● Media Content Dissemination: Translation and proofreading of social media content for client social media accounts (ex:WeChat, Facebook, Blogs, etc.) as well as traditional press releases
● Account management: Ability to understand client needs, create detailed marketing strategy, manage all deliverable progress, and communicate these updates with client.
● Strategic Network Growth: Strike up conversations at networking events and on weekends to generate new leads with target clients, bloggers, editors and key opinion leaders.
● Industry Trend Investigator: Keep your ear out on the ground and on social media for new trends, venue openings, competitors, apps, etc. Preferred
● Bachelor’s degree required
● Native English speaker with basic Chinese skills
● Detail-orientated with ability to learn in a fast paced environment
● Confident with a track record of leadership and logical decision making
● Strong interest in the events and media industry
● Experienced with using Microsoft Office
● Basic knowledge of Photoshop
● Minimal 1 year experience in media or event industry
Dates: Monday to Friday – 10 am to 6 pm (2 years above)
How to apply
Please send your CV, cover letter and previous writing samples to email@example.com.